RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer
At last there is a Spectrum Analyser available for domestic EMF exploration and/or hobby use at an affordable price! This Spectrum Analyser is far more versatile than a meter; it will enable a practiced user to assess the individual sources of EMF in their environment by identifying their frequencies and signal strengths. This analyser is suitable for RF fields in the 15-2700 MHz range - a range that includes mobile phones, wifi, DECT phones, wireless cameras and many other items.
EMFs commonly found in the home may be extra low frequency (ELF) fields from electrical appliances such as washing machines and hair dryers or from external sources such as overhead lines or underground cables. Alternatively, they may be radio frequency (RF) fields, produced by mobile and cordless phones, wireless networks and CCTV, microwave ovens and externally from mobile phone masts. Please note that this Analyser does not detect ELF fields - only RF ones.
The Analyser is supplied new and boxed. Two antennas and a carry case are included. A standard mini USB socket allows the Analyser to be connected to a PC or laptop for battery re-charging and graphic analysis of the Explorer data (a cable is supplied) or the Analyser may be charged using a separate USB charger (a charger is not supplied). A 38 page manual and Windows PC software are available for free download from the manufacturer's website. To further extend the versatility of this instrument, additional software is available from third party vendors.
If you are unfamiliar with EMF meters, you might like to read the guide in our 'Help and Advice' section before reading the following information - or just ask us for advice; we prefer our customers to be happy with their purchase!
• Pocket size and light weight
• Solid aluminum metal case
• Includes a transport EVA carry case for RF Explorer
• Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes
• Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
• High capacity Lipo for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
• Windows PC client Open Source
• Can be extended with internal Expansion Modules for additional band and functionality
• Wide band coverage to all popular RF frequencies, starting at 15MHz and going up to 2.7GHz. This include very interesting frequency areas such as 2m HAM radio, all VHF and UHF, FM radio, GPS, WiFi and WiMax, Bluetooth, etc.
• Firmware: RF Explorer 3G Combo is delivered with upgraded firmware v1.09. Note some of the features and operation accuracy will be improved in upcoming lifetime free firmware revisions.
• Frequency band: 15-2700 MHz
• Frequency span: 112KHz - 600MHz
• Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
• PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
• Backlight for great indoor visibility
• 2 standard SMA 50 ohms connector, one for Sub-GHz wideband Nagoya NA-773 telescopic antenna included and another 2.4GHz one for 15-2700 MHz band with helical antenna included.
• Amplitude resolution: 0.5dBm
• Dynamic range:
o Left SMA port (WSUB1G): -115dBm to 0dBm
o Right SMA port (WSUB3G): -110dBm to -10dBm
• Absolute Max input power:
o Left SMA port (WSUB1G): +5dBm
o Right SMA port (WSUB3G): +30dBm
• Average noise level (typical): -110dBm
• Frequency stability and accuracy (typical): +-10ppm
• Amplitude stability and accuracy (typical): +-6dBm
• Frequency resolution: 1Khz
• Resolution bandwidth (RBW): automatic 3Khz to 600Khz
• Weight: 185g
• Size: 113x70x25 mm
Included: RF Explorer Spectrum Analyser, two antennas, carry case, USB A to mini-B cable.